Each Scout Group is comprised of different ‘sections’ – which may include a
- Beaver Colony (for 6-8 year olds),
- Cub Pack (for 8-10 ½ year olds),
- Scout Troop (for 10 ½-14 year olds),
- Explorer Unit (for 14-18 year olds) and
- Scout Network group (for 18-25 year olds).
A Group Scout Leader (GSL), who is responsible for overseeing and supporting volunteers in each section, should manage the Scout Group.
In Explorer Scout Units, a District Explorer Scout Commissioner (DESC) takes on this role.
Both Group Scout Leaders and District Explorer Scout Commissioners are responsible to a District Commissioner (DC).
This is the volunteer manager responsible for a wider geographical area – such as a town or area of a larger city or county.
If you’d like to contact your GSL, DESC or DC, ask your local leader for their contact details or speak to the Scout Information Centre on 0345 300 1818.