The nights away permit scheme is an internal assessment scheme designed to ensure that all those leading nights away events for young people within the Scouts have the skills, experience and personal suitability to do so.
To gain a permit you will need to complete an assessment with a nights away advisor. Please get in touch if you’d like to start the process for getting your permit.
The permit scheme
You can find full details of the nights away permit scheme in the factsheets below. These include factsheets for specific roles such as commissioner and applicant.
- Nights Away Permit Scheme (FS120800)
- Nights Away Permit Scheme – Applicants’ guide (FS120801)
- Nights Away Permit Scheme – Assessment guide (FS120802)
- Nights Away Permit Scheme – Commissioners’ guide (FS120803)
- Nights Away Permit Scheme – Nights Away Advisers’ guide (FS120804)
There is also an assessment checklist that the nights away adviser uses to assess any applicants for nights away permits.
There are some FAQ’s available to support nights away.