To work in partnership with the District Commissioner, and the wider District Team, to ensure that effective operation of the Scout Section in Grafton in accordance with the rules as laid down in POR of The Scouts.
Knowledge and experience
- Ability to lead, motivate and support people in a voluntary environment
- Preferably an expert in the Explorer Scout Section, having achieved a Wood Badge for the section.
- Excellent ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing including an ability to speak and present publically in a clear and articulate way
- Ability to provide advice and guidance effectively to others
- Ability to contribute to strategy development and identify practical actions to achieve strategic objectives
- Ability to effectively chair meetings
- Can build, maintain and facilitate effective working relationships with a wide range of people
- Ability to enable others to identify issues and support them with workable solutions
- Plans, managers and monitors own tasks and time
- Ability to use technology, especially mobile email, to carry out a range of tasks